Making a difference in the lives of people that are in need of love, hope, and compassion by using our beloved family dogs to break down the barriers of communication.
Letting our dogs become “Jesus with fur on” to open the door for us to share God’s great message as told in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son and that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.” This message is conveyed by a kind word, tender touch, prayer, and presenting the “salvation card” that is left with each patient.
Becoming a Canines for Christ Servant
As a volunteer, you are required to:
- Have the Pet Health Certificate completed by your veterinarian and returned to us before you begin any visitations.
- Provide the AKC Canine Good Citizen Certification or approved Therapy Dog certification.
- Agree to wear the T-shirt, ID tags, and provide an approved vest and patch for the dog, as appropriate.
- Agree to pass out, as appropriate, the card with your dog’s picture and the message of God’s plan of salvation.
- Agree, as appropriate, to listen to your patients and offer to share God’s message of love and hope.
- Sign and return the waiver and release of liability form.
- Have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior (John 3:16)
- Complete and submit the “Canines for Christ Volunteer Application Forms“